The following are the Principium Studio LLC (throughout this document will be referred to as “Principium Studio”, “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”) standard terms and conditions. These terms and conditions govern all use of principiumstudio.com and principium360.com websites and all content, services and products available at the website (taken together, the Website). The Website is owned and operated by Principium Studio LLC.
“The Client”, “You”, “Your” and “Yourself” refers to you (the individual or individuals signing up and paying for receiving the service). Please take time to read through thoroughly and ensure you fully understand these terms and conditions before you start any project with Principium Studio. Please also note that from time to time we may need to alter these terms and conditions without notice. Please contact us if you do not understand any of the terms and conditions in this document.
1. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington.
2. PRIVACY STATEMENT
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We do not provide your information to any third party.
“Principium Studio” acknowledges that we may receive or have access to information which relates to “The Client” past, present, or future products, vendor lists, creative works, marketing strategies, pending projects/proposals, financial information, and other proprietary information. We agree to protect the confidentiality of the Client’s proprietary information and all physical forms thereof, whether disclosed to us before this Agreement is signed or afterward.
4. WORK & PAYMENTS
- “Principium Studio” agrees to produce project materials (the “Work”) at the request of “The Client” for fees agreed upon in advance and delivery of the Work by an agreed-upon deadline. “Principium Studio” agrees that they will be the sole author of “the Work”, which will be original work and free of plagiarism. “Principium Studio” will cooperate with “The Client” in editing and otherwise reviewing “The Work” prior to completion and launch.
- It is agreed that all work and materials provided for “The Client” by “Principium Studio” will be free and clear of all liens and encumbrances and may be lawfully used by “The Client” without infringing upon the rights of others including, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any copyright trade secret patent or trademark rights of any third party.
- Some of “Principium Studio” fees are flat fees, some other are figured out according to “The Work”.
- In the case of “The Client” requesting for specific services which doesn’t have a flat written fee, we will provide with a quote. “The Client” agrees to pay all of the quoted amount to commence any project. Once research, resources allocated or design work has commenced on a project, this deposit is non-refundable. In the case of a change of mind by “The Client,” this deposit is non-refundable. “Principium Studio” endeavors to provide content and creative services that meet and exceed a client’s needs and expectations, but in the event of a “change of mind” (after a project has commenced) by “The Client”, 50% of the project is forfeited, plus a pro-rata payment based upon the time spent.
- If the work time exceeds 4 calendar weeks in duration, “The Client” (if applicable) agrees to a progress payment of 25% of the project per month until the conclusion of the project, with any outstanding amount payable in full upon delivery.
LIABILITY AND LITIGATION
- It is agreed that “Principium Studio” indemnify and hold “The Client” harmless from and against all claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property (including cost of litigation and legal fees) caused by, arising from or incidental to the services to be performed during the performance of the work outlined, except any such claims which are caused by the negligence of “The Client” or its employees, and it is agreed that we shall notify “The Client” in writing of full details of any such claim.
- Under no circumstances shall “Principium Studio” Studio be liable to “The Client” for an indirect or consequential loss suffered by “The Client” relying on the information included in the supplies prepared by “Principium Studio” including (without limitation) loss of profit, loss of contracts or pure economic loss. Any liability is strictly limited to the direct losses associated with remedial costs of the supplies only, not to include claims for delays, out of sequence working, non-productive overtime, an award of costs, etc. Liability to any third party for any reason is specifically excluded unless separately agreed in writing.
Both parties understand that “The Client” or “Principium Studio” may terminate the service at any time if, for any reason, the relationship is deemed unsatisfactory by either party. Upon written or verbal cancellation, “The Client” is responsible for payment for all expenses incurred and any work done towards the completion of the project based on the percentage of the project completed that is determined by “Principium Studio”. Should “The Client” cancel the project following its completion, the Client is responsible for full payment as per the agreed upon estimate plus all expenses incurred. In the event of cancellation, “Principium Studio” retains ownership of all copyrights and original work created.
“Principium Studio” shall not be liable for any failure or delay in supply or delivery of products/services where such failure or delay is wholly or partly due to any cause or circumstances whatsoever outside the reasonable control of “Principium Studio”. Including but not limited to war, natural disasters, strikes, lockouts, industrial disputes or unrest, government restrictions or transport delays, fire, power outages, failure attributable to hosting suppliers, breakdown of plant, theft, vandalism, riots, civil commotions, accidents of any kind or act of terrorism.
6. PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES
- “The Client” agree to pay prices to “Principium Studio: as per website price table: https://www.principiumstudio.com/photography We will begin the project once we have the product at hand and the payment is complete.
- “Principium Studio” agrees to complete white background photography orders in 5-7 business days. In case of bulk orders, “Principium Studio” will notify “The Client” with regards to the time estimate for completion.
- “Principium Studio” agrees to complete 7-image listing package in 5-10 business days. For images that require model, it might be longer, depending of the scope of the project. “Principium Studio” agrees to inform “The Client” about the time estimate that it will take to complete such project.
- Once “The Client” approves “The Work”, “Principium Studio” will provide a unique link where “The Client” will be able to download the images. This link will only be available for 2 weeks after the completion of the project.
- If “The Client” offers guide to produce the work, “Principium Studio” will do its best to do the job according to the request. However please take into account, replicating an exact vision is not always possible.
- The best way for us to work is by “The Client” letting us know how they want the images to be. Since photography is a visual medium, we advise you to use markups or your own phone by taking photos of the angles you want your product to be photographed.
- Our re-shoot policy is very simple. If “The Client” specifies how they wanted to have their product photographed and “Principium Studio” did not follow through or the product was used incorrectly, then “Principium Studio” will happily reshoot it.
- If “The Client” has complied with the direction Policy and we failed to substantially match the Objective Shooting Criteria pursuant to the instruction given by “The Client” and Customer Provided Materials (which include, but are not limited to drawings, illustrations, tear sheets, cell phone images, and reference urls), “Principium Studio” will photograph or retouch the disapproved images up to two times at no additional cost.
- If “The Client” has not complied with the General Direction Shooting or has otherwise left image composition up to the discretion of “Principium Studio”, then “The Client” will not be entitled to a refund or reshoot and any refunds or reshoots will be offered in “Principium Studio’s” sole and absolute discretion.
- If “Principium Studio” does the photoshoot and “The Client” then want something changed or an additional image that was not specified at the onset of the project, it will count as an additional image that will be charged (see website table of prices for more information).
- “Principium Studio” can always make any additional photoshop adjustments to the images free of charge, if “The Client” finds something that isn’t good about the product.
- When “The Client” sends products to be photographed, “The Client” agrees to make sure the condition of the product or products is at their best. If “Principium Studio” received a product that needs to be severely retouched because being in poor conditions will have an extra charge of $40/hour.
- For production of Lifestyle images, “The Client” agrees to specify very clearly what is wanted. The coordination and production of lifestyle images with or without model takes a lot of effort, work and money to produce. Revisions for personal stylistic preferences such as photograph angle, model pose, background or lighting will require an additional shooting fee to be reshot (our current a la carte image price is $100 per additional or revised lifestyle photo and $40 for revised studio image). All revisions must be requested to our photographer within 1 month after the delivery of the original gallery, which is the amount of time your product will remain available in our studio.
- If “The Client” wants a product to be sent back please let “Principium Studio” know. We will cover up to 4% of the total cost of the project for shipping cost. If “The Client” doesn’t want it back or “Principium Studio” don’t hear from “The Client” within 1 month after the project is completed, “Principium Studio” reserves the right to either dispose of the product or donate it for charity.
- “Principium Studio” will hold on products only if “The Client” is planning to order more shoots within 2 months after the last project was completed. Otherwise we charge a fee of $10/month for holding onto a product one month after the project was completed.
7. GRAPHIC DESIGN
- “Principium Studio” retains full ownership of design concepts and materials it produces. Once a final concept is delivered to “The Client” and full payment is received, complete ownership rights to the concept transfer to “The Client”. Unused concepts remain the property of “Principium Studio”. “Principium Studio” may still use paid-for concepts in its promotional materials and in its design portfolio. Unless “The Client” requests otherwise, “Principium Studio” retains the right to display a small byline claiming design credit on works it produces, except for corporate stationery.
- This granting of copyright does not extend to the use of design proposals and concepts submitted to but not approved for “the work” outlined. Until the final payment, “Principium Studio” retains ownership of all the work produced. “Principium Studio” reserve the rights to certain elements used to create your projects including RAW files, fonts, patterns, stock images, textures, color palettes, and other non-exclusive items.
- “The Client” has responsibility to proofread and review all work produced during the project before accepting it from Principium Studio”. As a result, the client is fully responsible for any errors in spelling, typography, illustrative layout, photography or other errors discovered after printing or reproduction or for any work performed by third parties selected by “The Client”. Upon acceptance of “the Work”, “The Client” accepts responsibility for any further processes in which this work is used (e.g. film outpost, printing, etc.) “Principium Studio” is not responsible for errors occurring in this work or projects related to this work after acceptance of “the Work” by “The Client”. Upon acceptance of “the Work” and the delivery of full payment, “The Client” shall retain sole ownership of “the Work”, including all copyrights.
- For logo design and branding, “Principium Studio” will present 3 variations of design work to “The Client”. “The Client” may approve or reject “the Work”. “Principium Studio” will then have 2 more revisions of the logo and branding concepts. Past the 3rd revision additional hourly fees will be charged to “The Client” by “Principium Studio”. Our hourly fee is $80 USD/hr.
- “Principium Studio” will produce “the Work” in 7-10 business days upon receipt of payment. If due to workload, we are unable to comply with the above time frame, we will notify “The Client” prior to beginning the project. “The Client” will then be able to accept our turn-around time or decline it and a full refund of the payment will be submitted by “Principium Studio”.
AMENDMENTS TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All and any amendments to the terms and conditions outlined in this submission must be provided in writing by “The Client” and signed by an authorized representative prior to the commencement of the work outlined in this submission.
By submitting payment, “The Client” consent to the terms of this Terms of Service contract on behalf of yourself, and/or your organization or business.